Auditor's Office

Global Menu

Auditor's Office

Auditor: Sandra Perkins

Effective July 20, 2020, Auditor’s Office services counters will generally remain closed to the public except on an appointment basis in consideration of public safety and the risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus.  Please see the information below on how to access Auditor’s Office services.

In Washington State the duties of the County Auditor embrace a wide range of services to the public, including:


Payroll and expenditure services
Financial reporting functions for Skagit County

Questions?  Please call our Accounting Office at 360-416-1700 or email

Vehicle/Vessel Licensing

The Auditor’s Office Licensing Dept. is open by appointment ONLY Mon – Fri 10:00 – 4:30 (No title work after 4:00pm)  Call 360-416-1703 for information or appointment.

  • You may renew vehicle license tabs online.
  • You may request that your tabs be mailed to you, which is the recommended method. 
  • Or, you can request to pick up your tabs at our office.  Please call our office for information.
  • If you have questions regarding manufactured home transactions, please call our office for information.
  •  For all other transactions (title transfers, etc.) you will need to visit one of our local licensing subagents.  Their addresses and hours can be found here.
  • Questions? Please call our Licensing Office at 360-416-1703 or email

Motor Vehicle & Vessel Licensing Agent Sub-Agencies
Renew Vehicle License Tabs Online
Renew Vessel Registration Decals Online
Where do I get a driver's license?
Where do I get tabs for my car or boat?


Please wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of social distance in our lobby and all customer service areas.

To register to vote:

Mail the forms to us at:

PO Box 1306
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Questions?  Please call our Elections Office at 360-416-1702 or email

Election Information
Elections Administrator
Voter Registration and Maintenance


The preferred methods of receiving your documents for recording is either electronically (E-recording), or by mail. 

Then, select one of the e-recording providers

  • Mail your documents with payment enclosed to: 

PO Box 1306
700 S. Second St., Room 201
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Lastly, if you are not able to e-record or mail your documents, you may bring them to our lobby and along with your payment, place them in our secure drop box located outside of our offices.

Electronic Document Recording (eRecording)
Now you can record documents online!

Recording Official Documents

Recorded Document Search
Historic Recorded Documents
Change in recording requirements for maps
Recording Fees
Notary Public services
Online Marriage License Application
Now you can apply online and pick up your license at the Auditor's Department.

Electronic Document Recording (eRecording)
Now you can record documents online!

Quick Titles Now Available

Marriage Licensing

You can apply for a marriage license two ways:

  • Online here. Fill out your application and affidavit forms, print them, have your signatures verified with a Notary, then enclose the forms and a cashier’s check in an envelope. 
  • Mail the application, affidavit and payment to:

PO Box 1306
Second St., Room 201
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

  • You may also bring the completed forms and payment to our office and put them in our secure drop box located in our lobby.

Questions?  Please call our Recording Office at 360-416-1704 or email

Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Search

Auditor: Sandy Perkins
Office Hours: 8:30 to 4:30
P.O. Box 1306 Administration Building, Room 201
700 S. Second Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: (360) 416-1700
FAX: (360) 416-1698